Image Map

Friday, February 28, 2014

High Five for Friday (Vol. 20)



I can't believe I've been doing this link up for 5 months now!  I love linking up with all these other amazing bloggers and seeing what big things are happening in their lives!  I also love that I've added a few link ups over the past month or so, especially Fresh Faces!  Some of my new favorite blogs were found through that link up.  I strongly suggest that you check out the other bloggers who post to these communities!

That being said- I had a pretty fantastic week!  I spent the weekend with my parents (I posted a little bit about that yesterday and plan on posting more about that in the coming days) and I had a decent week at work.  My new department is very dysfunctional and a bit stressful but I've found that 3 ladies in particular are my saving grace.  They're funny and fun and we get along so well.  Their laughter helps keep me sane when other people in the office are bringing me down.  We're having a girls night on Sunday and I cannot wait!

Music has also been a saving grace for me.  I tend to find a song or a few songs that I listen to on repeat.  They make me happy, they help me relax, and sometimes that is the best "medicine" for a bad day.  So this week I'd like to share the 5 songs that I've had on repeat lately, especially on Friday and Sunday night when I was enduring the 90+minute trip to and from my parents house! 

1. Bastille- Pompeii
2. Imagine Dragons- On Top of the World
3. The 1975- Chocolate
4. American Authors- Best Day of my Life
5. Sara Bareilles- Brave (Of course I had to get a girl in there!)

Has anyone else noticed that there are lot of songs out with an 80's feel to them lately?  I love it!  They get me excited, I can't help singing along and dancing.  It's awesome for keeping me awake on long car rides and dancing around the house while cleaning or cooking!

What songs have been on your mind lately?  Do you have a "soundtrack" or playlist that you are living by lately?

Hope you all had a fantastic week and have an even better weekend!

Linking up with Lauren, Jennie, and The Northeast Bloggers.

5 comments:

  1. My goodness, I cannot tell you how often Bastille's Pompeii has been getting stuck in my head lately. It's really ridiculous and now that I've thought about it, I find myself singing it to myself again, haha. Also, I've been on a bit of an Imagine Dragons kick myself, in particular It's Time and Demons. You have a great playlist; though, now those songs are all going to be in my head for the rest of the day, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the earworms! Hope they don't drive you crazy! I love Imagine Dragons ever since I first heard them about 2 years ago, their songs just keep getting better. Happy Friday!

      Delete
  2. I don't keep a "play list" as I usually just have the car radio on. But I do notice that the same song is on multiple stations during a short period of time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Brave" and KT Perry's "Roar" have been on my life playlist these days and I can't get "The Power of Two" by the Indigo Girls out of my head these days. That's a good thing though, it reminds me how much the hubby and I can get through even though it's only the two of us. :) Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to check that out, I don't think I've ever heard it! Have a great weekend :-)

      Delete