Image Map

Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Simple and Healthy Baked Tilapia

The past 2 weeks have been busy but I'm still trying to find ways to keep my mind off the idea that we may have gotten pregnant this month, that I'm late, I'm I'm dreading taking a test because I just cannot handle another BFN!  One of the ways that I'm keeping myself busy is cooking.  I try to cook every night during the week but things have gotten a bit mundane.  When I saw that Tilapia was on sale this week at the local Aldi, I thought I had to try to make it, since it had been quite a while since we had fish.

Growing up we always had fish 1 of 2 ways- fried or baked.  While the fried fish is delicious, especially the way my Nonnie make it, it's not very healthy.  Of course it's better to bake it, but I didn't want to just put it on a cooking sheet and bake it without seasoning, where is the fun in that?  So after looking at what I had in my pantry and fridge, this is what I came up with.

Simple, Healthy, and Tasty Baked Tilapia

Ingredients:
4 cuts of Tilapia
3/4 cup of bread crumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
1 table spoon Italian Seasoning
A pinch of salt

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 425
2.  Blend all dry ingredients in a shallow dish


3.  Dredge the fish in the mixture on both sides. 


4. Place all 4 pieces on a lightly greased pan. I topped them with the rest of the breading , to help it get crispy.  Bake for 8 minutes, then flip, and bake for another 4 minutes.  Pieces will be slightly crispy and very flaky.


Here is the finished product.  I don't know the exact calorie count but it's way healthier than fried fish and a nice change from the chicken we've been having so often lately.  Try to ignore that I made mashed potatoes and corn with it and completely killed the healthy aspect of the meal, I was craving some "comfort" food.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment