Image Map

Friday, September 27, 2013

High Five for Friday! (Vol. 3)

It's Friday, again!  Does anyone else get as excited for Friday as I do?  I feel like it's New Years Eve every week.  It's a chance to let go of what's happened in the last week, have some fun, and get a fresh start- every week.  How could that not be exciting?

Well this week was particularly rough for me.  There was a higher than usual posting about pregnancy and birth on my facebook wall, which I love!  I'm so happy for my friends, but I can't help feeling sad for myself.  As I mentioned earlier this week, I was having a rough time, and felt super emotional on and off.  On top of that, a coworker is out with pink eye so my boss and I have been handling our responsibilities, as well as hers.  Let me tell you, I have never appreciated that woman as much as I do now.  I had no idea how much work her job entailed and I never want her to take off ever again!  To say that I was stressed out and in need of a drink (which I won't be having, just in case we get our miracle this month!) would be an understatement.  I'll do my best to look back on this week with a smile and round up my top moments!

1. It's Fall!  My absolute favorite time of year.  I love how it feels, I love how it smells, I love everything about it!  I even blow dried my hair this week!!!  Maybe it's just me, or maybe it's because we don't have central air, but blow drying my hair in the summer just isn't an option for me.  I end up sweating so much while I'm doing it that my hair looks dirty and greasy by the time I'm done.  So yay for finally looking presentable, again!


2. One of my favorite bloggers, Mandy (from Biblical Homemaking,) started following me on Pinterest.  I know I'm a dork but holy cow that's so cool!  She's like a celebrity to me and to know that she's going to see what I'm posting freaks me out, in the best way!  I love her and her family, and I pray I could be half the mom and wife that she is someday! 


3. Although it was for a not so great reason I cleaned the heck out of my apartment last weekend and earlier this week.  There is still a lot to do but I love going into my kitchen and seeing little to no clutter.  My counter used to be covered with junk that I just didn't know what to do with, so I let it pile up there.  I forced myself on Sunday to take everything off, give everything a good scrub, and then either throw stuff out, give it away, or put it away.  Now I have so much space, I don't know what to do with it!  I really want a juicer, maybe I'll find one on ebay or at a garage sale! 

 4. I need to take a minute to brag on my husband a little bit.  I'm really proud of what Jim did this week!  He persevered and because of it he locked up some solid work and made some great connections.  I told him, it's always when you're about to quit when something good happens!  He was so ready to throw in the towel on Monday night, then Tuesday morning he pulled it back together again.  Real Estate is a hard business to be in but I know if he keeps at it, he'll be successful, and I'll get to be a stay at home mom!  Maybe I should quit trying to have a baby, then God will finally answer my prayers!  Oh boy, just writing it, it looks so silly.  1- I know I could never just quit.  2- It's like trying to trick God into giving me what I want, and I think we all know that's never a good idea!

5. Last, but certainly not least, we're having adult time with our best friends tonight.  I realize that sounds a bit bad, but I swear it's not!  My parents bought me tickets to a Murder Mystery dinner in NYC for my 30th birthday and we've ben putting off going.  The tickers are from livingsocial and expire next week, so we finally made a reservation for tonight.  So the 4 of us will be heading into the city, which I haven't been to since last years San Genero Festival and miss very much.  Not only do I get to leave work early for this, but it'll be our first time hanging out without baby Collin in quite some time.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE that little munchkin, but I think it'll be great for the 4 of us to get some adult time and just relax.

How was your week? 
Are you excited for the weekend? 
Are you happy it's fall, or are you a forever summer kind of person? 

Either way I hope you're all having a fantastic day and will have a wonderful weekend!

To link up to more High Five for Fridays, check out The Lauren Elizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment