Image Map

Saturday, October 5, 2013

30 before 30 - Part 1

On Thursday I posted about letting go of resentment and finally letting myself live.  I also mentioned how I had created a list of things I wanted to accomplish before I turned 30.  Without further ado, here is the 1st 10 items from that list, with the run down of what I actually was able to accomplish!

1. Loss weight
     The goal was to loss 100 lbs and get back to the weight I was when I met Jim.  I only lost about 25 lbs, but I was happy with that since I've pretty much never lost weight in my life! 

2. Make going to the gym a part of my regular routine.
     Success, and not so much success.... For about a year I got into the habit of going to the gym at 5 am so that I could work out before work about 4 to 5 times a week, and even attempted working out on the weekends while I did laundry (the laundromat is in the same complex.)  Sadly, earlier this year I just lost motivation and haven't been back since about February.  I really need to get back into the swing of things.

3. Run a 5 k. 
     Done!  My Uncle Anthony drove to NJ from CT at 5 am on Saturday 9/26/2012 and ran a local 5 K with me in the county park down the street from my house.  I ran/walked, more walked than ran, but I did it, and he helped, and it was awesome.  Here we are right after running and on our way to get a much deserved breakfast-
4. Read 50 books. 
     I feel like all my life all I ever wanted was to read something that I wasn't assigned to read for school.  Then when I graduated, I never really took advantage of that free time to enjoy reading.  I needed to make that a focus.  I didn't read 50 but I did read nearly 40 and I kept track of all of it on goodreads.  I have a lot more that I want to read, but I've been wasting time and really need to get back to that!

5. Read the entire Bible.
     Done!  I downloaded the youversion Bible app.  It has lots of great plans, including a Bible in 365 days plan.  I would listen/read every morning while I was at the gym.  I really enjoyed it, and would like to read it again. 

6. Find a Church I feel at home in. 
     Still haven't found a church that I feel comfy in, but I plan to add this to my 31 x 31 list!

7. See the Sun rise on the Atlantic and set on the Pacific. 
     I still haven't been further west than Indiana, but we did go to a Beer Festival in April and stayed in Jim's uncle's beach front penthouse condo.  I had no idea how beautiful a sunrise could be!  I was able to get some fantastic pictures.

8. See the first showing/midnight showing of a "major movie"
     My cousins and sister in law LOVE Twilight, and so do I!  We met up after work, had dinner, then waited in line for the 10 pm first showing of the final installment.  I was not disappointed!  The movie was all right compared to the book, but getting time with my friends/family, and getting to be a part of that excitement was totally worth it!

9. Go on a family vacation.
     Technically, this didn't happen before I was 30 but we did go to OBX for a week with my parents at the end of August/beginning of September.  It was stressful, my mom is sometimes tough to get a long with, but it was beautiful, and it was the first full vacation I've been on since my honeymoon in 2009.  It was so worth it and I hope to do it again next year!

10.  See the taping of a TV show!
     We're trying to get in to see SNL but it hasn't happened yet.  Anyone have a recommendation for how to get in to see the taping of a TV show?

Well folks, that's it for now!  Stay tuned til next time when I highlight items 11- 20 on my list!

No comments:

Post a Comment