Image Map

Thursday, October 10, 2013

A New Chicken Casserole

Last night, I tried another recipe idea for dinner and it turned out pretty well, so I wanted to share it with y'all!

Ingredients:
1 lb Chicken breasts cut into cubes
6 large potatoes, peeled and cut into cubes
1 lb broccoli
Ranch dressing
2 tbs butter/margarine
1 cup bread crumbs

1. Cook chicken til white and mostly cooked through out


2. Mix in the Broccoli and Potatoes  


3. Mix in the entire bottle of ranch dressing, I tried it with just half and when it cooked it was too dry, but feel free to try it with less if you'd prefer.  I recommend using a low fat dressing to try to keep it as healthy as possible.  Then pile everything into a greased baking pan.  If you have truly nonstick pans, then by all means do not bother greasing, my pans sadly will stick and burn to everything I put in them without a bit of pam.


4. Melt the butter and mix in the bread crumbs until they are moist.  Then crumble on top of the casserole, this will make a nice crunchy crust like topping for your dish.


5. If you're like me and you make your meals in the morning or the night before then you'll need to cover the pan and pop it in the fridge until you're ready to cook.  If you're like me and hate using foil wrap because you can never reuse it and it feels like you're throwing away money, may I recommend that you use an upside down cookie sheet to keep the pan covered and safe while it's waiting to be heated up?  The pan is reusable and that way I can save my foil wrap for when I really have no choice.  Am I being cheap?


6. Cook for 45 minutes on 350.  Sadly, Jim cooked and didn't get a picture of the full finished product but this is what it looked like on my plate when I finally made it home almost 2 hours late.  It was so good and a nice change from a typical casserole with pasta.  I think next time I'll use double broccoli and half as many potatoes, I just can't do away with them completely, I need a bit of starch in my life!


Bon Appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment