Image Map

Thursday, October 10, 2013

High 5 For Friday (Vol. 5)

 

Well, another week is over and oh what a week it's been.  Let's just get to it!

1. This week we'll start with turning a low into a high.  Jim's car was hit while it was parked on the street last Friday.  It stinks but luckily we have good insurance and even better the person who hit the car actually had the decency to call the cops, so maybe we'll get really lucky and be able to go through her insurance.  In the mean time, we've got this kick a$$ rental car!  It's a Kia Optima Hybrid.  We've never owned a hybrid so it's taking some getting used to, but it's good looking and oh so comfortable.  We're enjoying having it and I think I may strongly consider getting it as my next car, whenever that may be!

 
2. We went shopping on Saturday.  I don't remember the last time we went to the mall and I actually enjoyed myself!  I got a pair of flats and finally bought myself knee high boots!  Hooray for Payless and they're awesome deals!
 
3. Football Sunday included a family tailgate this week as the Giants took on the Eagles and Jim's Aunt Marie, who lives in Florida, came to visit.  Even better than all of that, we discovered this liquor while perusing the liquor store for tailgate essentials.  The sales clerk insisted on giving us all samples and oh my was it delicious (note this is one of the few times I get excited about not being pregnant because I really do love a good drink.)
 
 
 
4. Tuesday brought 2 great things, so technically this week I have a high 6 for Friday, but I'll cheat and put 2 in 1.  My hours changed at work and I now have off on Tuesday instead of Saturday.  So I got to do laundry and this happened
 
 

I didn't even know that was possible!  Hallelujah!  It only lasted about 2 hours, but that was 2 hours of pure joy!  Tuesday also brought me some time with this lil munchkin!


Dave and Lia went looking at some more houses so I got my first chance of watching Collin on my own.  I've babysat dozens of children over the years but I was especially excited for some one on one time with Collin so I can prove to Lia that I can handle taking care of him, and so I didn't feel bad about hogging him away from anyone else.  The last 15 minutes were an epic fail as I've never experienced Dr. Brown bottles and didn't know I was missing a piece, which is why his bottle was leaking and the baby was basically starving.  Hopefully, I'll do better when it comes to feeding him next week when I get my 2nd chance to care for him.

5.  And finally...  Oh does my husband know what I love and I need.  My hours at work have been all over the place, I'm working on securing a promotion, and in the mean time I've been stressed and exhausted.  I stayed late every day I've been in this week, but I came home to this on Wednesday and I could not have been more in love with it or the man that bought it for me.  Seriously, if you've never had red velvet, get some, and if you've never heard of Pepperidge Farm, I feel awful for you.

 
That's my week in a nutshell, how was your week?  Everybody looking forward to the weekend?  Hope you all have big plans!  I'll be at work on Saturday and probably sleeping on Sunday, but I'm sure the week will have lots of excitement to hold as I begin morning monitoring for my FET cycle (more on that to come in the posts next week.)  Have a great day!
 
For more High 5 for Friday posts, or to link up your own post, check out The Lauren Elizabeth!

No comments:

Post a Comment