Image Map

Monday, October 7, 2013

30 before 30 - Part 2

A couple of days ago I posted the first 10 items on my 30 before 30 list and I realized that it was getting kind of long, which is why I decided to break the list into 3 posts.  Hopefully, you're as interested in this list as I am!  It took a long time to write it out, and stick with it, I edited it more than a handful of times.  Even though I didn't cross everything over, it still helped to shape the last year of my 20's into a pretty memorable and happy one.  I strongly recommend making lists of your own, if you don't already.

11.  Watch at least 10 classic movies
     I failed horribly at this goal!  I fall asleep way too easily and almost no one wants to watch them with me, which would help to keep me awake.  Perhaps I will try again this year!

12.  Tour wine country
     This was half accomplished.  I wanted to tour Napa, but never made it out west.  However, Jim, my mom, and I did take a guided tour into the wine country of Lehigh Valley, PA!  It was a bus tour that included a guide, food, and best of all wine.  The trip was dampened by the girl behind me spilling half a bottle of red wine on my favorite tan jacket when the bus hit a bump on our way back to the pickup point, but hey it makes for a good story.  I recommend checking out the wineries in your area, or in near by states!  I had no idea that this was soemthing that was done pretty much everywhere!

13.  Explore 3 museums in DC.
     Yep, another failure.  Jim went to DC to see his cousin who is getting a Masters in Forensic Psychology, but I had to work.  Luckily, I didn't go becasue I got sick while he was away and would have been a total party pooper!

14.  Be in 4 places at once.
     I want to go here!  I need to go here!  Sadly, I have not gotten to go here, yet!

15. Drive an audi
     All I wanted to do was test drive my favorite car, and no it's not my favorite becuase of Christian Grey, alhtough that does help!  Jim thinks it's silly.  I think one of these days while he's working on a weekend, I'm going to go to a dealership and see if they'll let me take one for a spin.

16.  See Niagra Falls.
     Fail.  Can I say more?  We suck at traveling!

17.  Improve my French.
    I took it in high school and pretty much sucked at it, but I wanted to try, just in case I ever get to travel to France or Europe in general ever again.  I downloaded the app, duolingo, did about 30 minutes of exercise, then went back to work after my lunch break and never opened the app again.  I'll try harder next time.

18.  Learn 5 ethnic meals
     I was brought up on Italian and Jewish food.  I wanted to learn something more exotic!  I did learn out to make rice the way my Spanish friend's family does but other than that I didn't really achieve this goal.

19.  Improve my cake decorating skills/take a baking class.
     Although I tried a lot of new recipes over the year and really improved on my ability to make a soft and delcious treat, I did not improve my decorating and I did not take a class.

20.  Be more social- join groups, have a girls night, etc...
     I did join several groups on MeetUp, and even planned to go to several of their get togethers, but life and work got in the way and I never made it to anything.  Apparently, they kick out inactive members.  I did put together and awesome girls night out to the the Melting Pot in Hoboken in Jnauary!  We had a great meal for only $20 becasue Monday night is ladies night, but our schedules are all out of wack and we never got together for just a girls night after that.  I do feel like overall I have become more willing to go out and am trying to make a better effort to see my friends and not just stalk them on facebook, but I still have a long way to go.

Wow!  I never realized how much I didn't accomplish until I wrote out this post!  Definitely hoping that my next list, 31 x 31, will be more fruitful than 30 before 30 was!

No comments:

Post a Comment