Image Map

Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Liebster Award

 
Yesterday, I received a very exciting email from a new blogger and friend, Nicole, at Life with NO naps. She has nominated me for the Liebster Award!
 
 
 
The award has three parts:
  1. Answer the interview questions from the nominator.
  2. List 11 random facts about yourself.
  3. Nominate other blogs that are just getting started. 
Here is my interview: 
  1. How long have you been blogging and why did you start? Almost a year.  I started because I felt like I had a lot to say and no way to say but it's evolved into a journal about infertility and relationship struggles.  Plus it's a great outlet for expressing some creativity through recipes and pinterest attempts. 
  2. What is your favorite thing to write about?  happy things that are going on in my life as well as any crafts/recipes that I've tried with success
  3. Do you have an absolute favorite blog, please share. my go to blog is The Small Things Blog.  I love her hair and makeup tutorials and I really enjoy reading about her growing family.
  4. What is one piece of advice you would share with a brand new blogger? Have a purpose and keep your focus, don't be all over the place (like me!)
  5. What is your go to quote? I don't really have a "go to quote" but my favorite quote (which I guess is the same thing) is "the things you take for granted, someone else is praying for."
  6. Where is your favorite place to be? with people I love
  7. What is your favorite dessert recipe? betty crockers peanut butter cookies from my mom's recipe book that was probably published in the 70's.  When I make it, I add almost an extra cup of peanut butter as well as a bag of chocolate chips.  My friends go crazy for them because they're so fluffy and flavorful.    Plus who doesn't like chocolate and peanut butter??
  8. If you could be anything in the world, what would it be? My problem is that I can never choose just want thing, I want to be everything! But honestly, I think ultimately I'd love to be a stewardess.  I know it's not an easy job but getting paid to see the world would have some added bonuses.
  9. Everyone has a "I wish I knew that then" moment, what is yours? I wish I knew how strong I could be and how much more I deserve when I was a teenager, sadly this is something I'm just starting to learn now.
  10. Who is your idol? My Nonnie (maternal grandmother) She's pretty much kick ass at everything she does, she's a spit fire, she's strong, she's successful.  If I could be half the woman she is, I'd be a lucky lady.
  11. If you only eat one food item the rest of your life what would it be? Chinese egg rolls!

11 Random facts about me:
  • My whole life I've struggled with my weight.
  • Even though I've been driving for nearly 15 years, sometimes when I'm in the car by myself on a "long trip" (pa to nj or nj to ct) I still get this rush of excitement that I'm actually old enough to be driving a car and on my own. 
  • I love the color of my hair and vowed never to color it, but my sister in law always wanted to play so I told her when I got my first grey hair, I'd let her color it.  She did a good job, but for me life is not more fun as a blond.  So this November I finally died it back to it's basic brown color and haven't felt happier or more like me ever since. 
  • I love to eat!  I'll eat almost anything that's put in front of me, I just want to experience it.
  • I cry all the time!
  • I take a lot of pictures, pretty much constantly, especially at parties/events/etc.... I have an awful memory and I find that having the pictures helps me remember what happened.
  • I was born in Connecticut at Yale.  My dad was supposed to go to Yale but couldn't afford it, so he always wished that I would go and said that because I was born there I should get free tuition.  Sorry dad!
  • I'm 30, almost 31, but I still feel like a kid around adults (even people only a year older than me) and still have no idea what I actually want to do with me life.  I blame this on the fact that all I've ever wanted to do is be a wife and mother, but that doesn't always work out the way we envision it.
  • I gave up soda for Lent.  I give up soda for Lent every year, in hopes that I'll give it up once and for all.  This year has been the easiest year yet, but I find it hard to have a drink at parties since I generally mix soda with liquor.  Thank God for wine!
  • I have horrible hearing and I blame my loudness on that.  I honestly can't hear how loud I am, and generally don't realize that I'm being disturbing until someone points it out to me. 
  • I'm addicted to all things internet related.  When I wake up the first thing I do is check facebook and instagram, then words with friends.  While I'm at work I'm on blogs and pinterest constantly.  I actually wish this wasn't the case because I miss when times were simpler.  I especially miss talking to someone face to face while hanging out instead of starring at a screen the whole time.  I really need to work on my self control and being more present, in the moment. 
My Nominees:
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Here are the rules:  
  1. Thank the blog that presented you this award and link back to their blog (done!)
  2. Answer the questions asked by your nominator, give 11 random facts about yourself. List 11 questions for your nominees. (done!)
  3. Nominate several blogs that you feel need the recognition that have fewer than 1000 followers. Contact the blogger to let them know they have been selected by email, commenting on a post, Facebook, etc. (done!)
  4. Upload the Liebster Award image to your blog. (done!)
Question for my nominees:
  1. How long have you been blogging and why did you start?
  2. What is your favorite thing to write about?
  3. What is your favorite blog?
  4. What is one piece of advice you would share with a brand new blogger?
  5. Do you have any blogger inspirations?  (Blogs you'd like to model yourself after or follow in their footsteps)
  6. What is your favorite memory?
  7. If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
  8. What is your favorite app/website?
  9. If you could be anything, what would it be?
  10. What's one life lesson you'd like to share?
  11. What are some of your guilty pleasures?
Congratulations to all of the nominees!  I hope this helps us all to grow and flourish! 

Weekend Block Party Blog Linkup

3 comments:

  1. thank you so much for the nomination! ps; as bloggers we have an excuse to be addicted to the internet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true!!! I'm glad I could nominate you, I really enjoy your blog!

      Delete
  2. I couldn't agree more with what you have to say regarding auto transport, car transport or vehicle transport. This car shipping and vehicle shipping awareness is something the people definitely need to know about. But I need to argue about a different mode of auto shipping which is open auto shipping. I needed to ship a vintage vehicle.
    https://www.allstatetostateautotransport.com

    ReplyDelete