Image Map

Friday, January 31, 2014

High Five for Friday (Vol. 16)

Linking up with the lovely Lauren and Jennie for
Is anyone else shocked that today is the last day of January?  This month is FLYING by!  I need time to slow down so I can enjoy everything a little bit more!

Well as the week and the month come to an end let me share with you my top 5
High Fiveable moments from this week.

1. Saturday was spent with friends.  First I went with my best friend and her best friend for pedicures.  It was the best pedicure I've ever had!  The massage was amazing, they used paraffin wax on my heals and best of all, my polish still hasn't chipped!  Then I headed to Rutgers for my side job, and came back to my friend's house that night.  Tell me this pic of my nephew hugging his mommy (my best friend) when we came back from pedicures isn't just the sweetest thing!


2. Sunday was literally spent in bed.  I LOVE lazy days!  I had some left overs for lunch, pasta and pepperoni for dinner, and watched at least 20 episodes of How I Met Your Mother!  I've fallen in love with this show!  I started watching it about 2 weeks ago and I'm already on the 8th season!
(My view from dinner.)

3. I'm so excited for Super Bowl!  Not because my team is in it (damn Giants) but because it means a day of drinking and eating with my in laws (whom I adore) and getting to watch funny commercials.  I can not wait for this weekend, I have 2 new recipes I'm going to try out!  However, I did see this on my coworkers desk and couldn't help laughing! (Sorry for the glare! In case you can't read it, it says:
I'll pretend to give a crap about the Super Bowl if you pretend to give a crap about Valentine's Day.)


4. I've been having some trouble sleeping and find that when I'm not obsessing over How I Met Your Mother, I'm addicting to watching YouTube videos on how to do my hair and makeup.  3 times this week I've gone to work with nicely set hair and well done makeup, and I love it!  I think I'll post some of my successes over the weekend, not how to's since I'm certainly not an expert, but just which how to's seemed the easiest and how successful I was at following them.

5. The people from the new company were in our offices this week.  We had an hour long meeting that turned into 2 hours, and got a bunch of questions answered.  Plus I had to sit through a couple of trainings that were a bit boring but over all very helpful.  I'm starting to feel more comfortable with the new parent company but I'm still missing the "small town" feel that I had before they came along.

That about wraps if up for me! 
Are you excited for the super bowl?  Trying any new recipes?
My coworkers and in laws do boxes, hopefully I'll get lucky and win some money!
Hope you all have a fantastic weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment