Image Map

Monday, January 20, 2014

Holiday Vase

This weekend we visited my parents in PA and I got a chance to help my mom change over the Christmas decorations to Valentine's day decorations.  My mom and I both share a love for holiday decorating and tend to go a bit overboard for ALL holidays.  While we were putting things away and taking others out, I noticed that she had a vase filled with balls for Christmas and she showed me a little trick that I thought was so cute, I had to share it.

Here are all the supplies that she had.
1 vase from the dollar store
4 sets of decorations to fill the vase- all from the dollar store or found on sale at a
craft shop, neatly stored away in ziploc bags.


This is how I found it.  The picture does not do the balls justice.  She had an assortment of silver, white, and red balls, some were solid and some looked like woven metal.  I would have filled it to the brim, but it was still a great piece to have on a coffee table, like she did, or even have 2 and put them on either side of the mantle.

We changed out the balls for hearts.  As you can see they were pink and red, and they were different sizes.

She also has shamrocks for St. Patty's day!

And you can't forget Easter!  These glittery eggs were too cute!

By using a $1 vase and sweet little fillers that total cost about $10, she's got this cute and versatile holiday decoration.  I think it would be great to get some red, white, and blue marbles or rocks for the summer months too!  That way it's covered from Memorial Day to the 4th of July, right through to Labor day.  We're also going to look to see if we can get some pumpkins or spiders for Halloween, but I also think it would be pretty filled with leaves for the fall months.  There is so much you can do with such simple and inexpensive supplies!  I can't wait to see what other fillers we can find on my next visit with her.  What fillers would you put in your vase?

Glitter, Glue & Paint

2 comments: