Image Map

Friday, November 29, 2013

High Five for Friday (Vol. 12)

Good morning and happy BLACK Friday everyone!

I'm linking up with the lovely Lauren as I do every Friday!

This week has been cray cray in the best of ways, here's what I'm most excited about:

1. Thanksgiving!  I got to spend the day at my Nonnie and Poppie's house (maternal grandparents) with almost all of my cousins, as well as my aunt and uncles.  We ate and joked, it was great.  There are few things that feel as good as being in that house with those people!  It's the only home I've never lived in that will always be considered home.

2. We also spent time with my dad's side of the family.  They have a tradition of spending the holiday at Maplewoods (the home where my grandmother lives, she has Alzheimer's,) then going out for Chinese and wrapping up the day with an intense round of Pictionary.  Jim and I played with them this year in our hotel lobby.  It was INTENSE and awesome!  I loved it!  I hope to play again next year!

3.  It's also Hanukkah!  While I'm Christian/Catholic, my dad is Jewish, as is all of his family.  So it was fun to enjoy some yummy cookies that my aunt made as well as Latkes!  OMG LATKES!  I love them so much!


4. Today we're unveiling my grandfather's grave.  That's not really something to be excited about but I am because I'm not familiar with my family's culture in this respect so I'm looking forward to learning and remembering grandpa.  It should be interesting to say the least.  Plus he was in so much pain that while I'm sad he's no longer with us, I'm happy he's in a better place.

5. It's finally an acceptable time to put up Christmas decorations!  I'm hoping to have everything up this weekend!  But honestly, I've been a bit lazy lately, so we'll see how that goes.

Hope you all had a fantastic holiday!

Did anyone brave the black Friday sales?  I did not!

No comments:

Post a Comment