Image Map

Friday, May 27, 2016

Healthy Stir Fry and Sweet Potato "Fries"

While on doing the Beachbody Ultimate Reset I learned some recipes that I LOVED.  These are 2 that I adapted from the recipe book that came with the program, and make enough for 2 people to eat or just for a dinner and leftovers for lunch.


Healthy Stir Fry 
- all veggies, no meat but feel free to add some farm raised chicken or beef.

Ingredients:
EVOO
Ginger (I used dried and shredded that I found in the produce section of my local Acme)
3 Medium Carrots- peeled, cleaned, and cut into chunks
Broccoli/Snap Peas- I found a steamer bag in my produce section that was a mix of FRESH broccoli florets, snap peas, and sprouts- perfect!
Peppers- again in my produce section I found a container of already thinly sliced and cleaned peppers- I used half of the container for this recipe
Himilayan Salt
Braggs Liquid Aminos

Directions:
1. In a large frying pain heat 2 tablespoons of EVOO over high heat, include a few pinches of ginger and 2-4 cloves of chopped garlic (depending on how much you like garlic.)
2. Add in carrots and stir constantly for a minute
3. Lower to medium heat and add in the Broccoli/Snap Peas and stir occasionally for 4-5 minutes.
4. Add in the peppers, cook for another few minutes.  I found that my stove is unreliable, sometimes this takes a few minutes, sometimes it heats really fast.
5. Add salt to taste.
6. Serve with a side of the Liquid Amino- it tastes like a cross between teriyaki and soy sauce so don't be intimidated by it!

Sweet Potato "Fries"
-The Reset calls for having a baked sweet potato and you can put the EVOO and seasonings on instead of butter or sour cream.  So I decided to have fun with the recipe and cut them up into "fries."

Ingredients:
EVOO
2 sweet potatoes
Himalayan Salt
Italian seasonings

Directions:
1. Clean (and peel if you like) the sweet potatoes.  Cut into strips. I kept mine fairly thick.
2. In a bowl mix with 2 teaspoons of EVOO, salt and seasonings to taste.
3. Bake at 450 degrees for 30-40 minutes, flipped half way.  Again my oven was temperamental, sometimes cooking faster than others, so watch them every 10 minutes or so to see what you need for your oven.

I love serving these together, especially because the "fries" feel like a cheat or indulgence but they're actually healthy for you!  


No comments:

Post a Comment