Image Map

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Onion Detox- I call BS


We've all seen the articles circulating on facebook and pinterest about how putting an onion in your sock while you sleep can help cleanse your system and get rid of illness.  Well I decided to give it a shot and see what really happens.

I cut the onion in half, put it securely in my sock and went to bed.  I'll admit I did feel some tingling which was nice, but I can't help but wonder if it's because the onion was cold or if this was a "mind over matter" moment where I tricked myself into believing it was working.

It was a little difficult during the night because I kept having to get up to use the bathroom, which I don't usually do- perhaps it was helping me release some toxins?

When I finally got up for good in the morning, I took a look at the onion expecting it to look brown or blackened from all the toxins it had sucked out, which is what the articles promised.  There was absolutely no change to the onion, my foot did have a ring of skin that looked a little whiter where it had rested all night, but otherwise no difference.  Plus, I woke up with the same cold symptoms I had gone to bed with.

I call BS!  Maybe I'm foolish for thinking it would work, but I was really hoping it would at least be a little brown when I took off my sock.  Such a disappointment!  Don't waste your time and don't waste an onion, it doesn't have any real benefits.


No comments:

Post a Comment