Image Map

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Bad Dreams

Last night was a restless night.  I had what felt like one very long, ongoing dream.  It started out kind of funny...

For some reason I was in my grandparents back yard but in the dream the yard belonging to Whitney Cummings, who was apparently my friend.  She lived there with her sister (played by Catherine Reitman in the dream) and they were introducing me to their corky brother.  They kept telling me I really needed to get back out there and start dating, and their brother would be a good start. 

Suddenly, I blurted out that I was pregnant and couldn't date anyone- I had to go back to Jim.  I didn't look pregnant, at least no more pregnant than I already do, and I had no symptoms.

That felt like it dragged on and on then suddenly I was in an ER saying I was about to have the baby.  When the nurses worked to find out how the baby was they couldn't find a heart beat.  Turns out I had stopped going to the doctor after 12 weeks and the baby didn't progress much further than that, but I never actually "lost" it.  I still thought I was pregnant and just wasn't showing as much as most women do.

Needless to say, when I woke up I was pretty shaken!  How could I have let myself go that long without going to a doctor?  Granted it was a dream but I can't help but wonder how my mind is mixing up everything that is happening during the day and making an even bigger mess of it in my dreams.  Hopefully, this not become a recurring dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment