Image Map

Friday, July 12, 2013

The "I'm sorry" Experiment findings

Technically, my experiment should be ending today, but honestly a week really isn't enough time to really make a change.  I have seen and felt a change.  I'm more conscious of what I say and picking my words more wisely.  It seems like people aren't looking at me like I'm crazy so much, so that's also an added bonus.

My husband didn't even realize I was trying to change until I said something to him.  That tells me that he either doesn't pay attention or I don't apologize to him often.  Either way, he thought it was a good idea when I told him about it.

My parents haven't said that they've noticed a change, but I have been very conscious of how I react to them and what I say when they try to push me.  I've noticed that they don't seem to question me so much, perhaps it was just a good week.  Who really knows?

All I know is that I will continue to watch my words, and only apologize when it is 100% absolutely positively necessary.  Here's to the new, stronger Jess!

No comments:

Post a Comment