Image Map

Monday, July 8, 2013

Pinata Cupcakes

Let me start out by saying, I'm so mad I have no pictures of my own to post on this one!  I took a million pictures, convinced myself that I had them saved on my computer, deleted them from my phone, and now I have nothing becasue they were not saved to my computer.  Hopefully, you can use your imagination because these were a big hit with my coworkers and I think they would be fantastic for a child's birthday party! 

First of all, here are the recipes that I used: 

Vanilla Cupcakes
Vanilla Frosting

I used these because I wanted easy and moist cupcakes with a tastey frosting, and because my coworkers had requested a vanilla cupcake instead of the fancy ones I had been trying (and will have to attempt again so that I can post them here!)  Honestly, you can use an recipe you'd like, even boxed mixes would work, that's not nearly as imporant as what your'e going to do after you bake them and before you frost them.

Step 1: Bake Cupcakes
Step 2: Cool Cupcakes
Step 3: Cut the center of the cupcake out.  I then cut this so that only the top would go back on the cupcake, I used the insides to make a few cake balls (I'll post that recipe another time.)
Step 4: Fill cupckaes with your choice of small candy.  I choose m&ms but you can use nerds, skittles, reese's, the options are endless so long as it fits in the cupcake.
Step 5: Place the top of the cupcake back on
Step 6: Ice with your choice of frosting
Step 7: Grab a napkin and enjoy!

The final product will look similar to this when you open it:




It will be a crowd favorite and you will get requests!  Have fun and if you try any combination besides what I did, please let me know!  I'd love to hear your ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment